November 17, 2012

Santouka Ramen - Soft Opening (review #2)

Ah, I feel like I'm being pressured by JL to write a review, since she said I would in her main post about the place.

Her post here pretty much addresses everything. Read it if you haven't.

I got the Toroniku Shio Ramen (which, I'm told, is one of their signature dishes). Unlike the other ones my friends ordered, the noodles were separated from the toppings. I'm not entirely sure why they do this. I just dumped it all into the noodles anyway, but I guess it's good if you want to share with others or if there are some ingredients you don't want in the ramen.



The ramen was pretty good, and the meat was nice and moist. The broth was good too, though it was really salty. I asked for the normal amount of salt, but if you plan on getting it, ask for less. I thought I couldn't finish the soup at first, but I ended up drinking it all after getting a bit used to it. 

But seriously, there was like two days' worth of salt in that bowl of soup. If that's how they typically make it, you should definitely ask for less salt if you order this. Others have said it was too oily, so you may want to ask them to cut back on the oil too. I didn't notice this, but maybe I was overwhelmed by how salty it was at first to have even bothered nit-picking at the oil.

Rating: ½        (would've made it a 4/5 rating if it weren't so salty)





Bonus: extra pics!




During the soft opening, these two pages were the only ones we could order from.



Seating in front of an open kitchen for diners looking to quickly slurp down some ramen




Different camera setting to take the same picture I used in the review. I wasn't sure which one would turn out better.



Kara Miso Cha-shu Ramen




Shio Ramen



Toroniku Shio Ramen (noodle)



Toroniku Shio Ramen (toppings)





Total bill(s), after tax

No comments:

Post a Comment